Thursday, November 23, 2017

Day 23: So very thankful.

For someone who didn't eat any turkey, 
he sure is good at the Thanksgiving nap.

After a long day of cooking, eating, drinking, laughing and reminiscing, it is with a full belly that I head to bed, mentally preparing myself for our annual Black Friday shopping trip.

Today, I am thankful for our families, who defy the "norm" and actually like each other enough to spend holidays together, and not just for show.

I'm thankful for Mr. KK, who has put up with my shenanigans for yet another year, and has adjusted rather nicely to me working from home and wearing pajama bottoms all day and accosting him verbally when he gets home when I haven't spoken to anyone in 10 hours and really need to just TALK.

I'm thankful for our Little Mister, who did his best today to make me NOT thankful by overusing the word "NO" to me right up until the minute our guests showed up. I'm thankful for his quirky personality, and ability to make me laugh when I want to cry. I'm also very thankful for nap time.

I'm thankful we got so many good years with Vito, and we missed him on our first Thanksgiving without him.

And lastly, I'm thankful I can go to bed.

Happy Thanksgiving, interwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment