Sunday, November 5, 2017

Day 5: Ok, Target, Just TAKE My Money





It's no secret I LOVE Target.

You'll find me there right when the store opens, Starbucks in hand, browsing the aisles and uncovering amazing finds. Sometimes my toddler is in tow, having been a Target shopper since he was 3 weeks old.

It doesn't matter how long I'm in the store - 20 minutes or 2 hours - I can't escape this place for under $200 $100.

And then Target goes and announces they're partnering with Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper fame for an exclusive line of home items.

My favorite store + my favorite show = RedCard trouble.

I remember when Target partnered with Lily Pulitzer for the exclusive clothing and home goods line and it was total mayhem. Women camped out at the store overnight to be first in line for the pink and green creations. Target's website crashed and things were sold out faster than you could refresh your browser.

And was there ever hype about the launch of this line. Social media madness, everywhere I looked.



I wanted to go and be there on the morning the line launched. However, I was NOT standing in line. Plus, it was daylight savings day, which always screws up little kid's sleeping habit (though in the case of our toddler, he slept later instead of waking up earlier).

Then it started raining, and the thought of getting to Target during prime weekend shopping times on the day of a new line launching that was created by TV stars was less than desirable.

I swear, I wasn't going to go.

Until I had this conversation with my Little Mister:

ME: "Where do you want to go today?"

LM: "Let's go to Target!"

I swear, this was completely unprompted. But if my son wanted to go to Target, then we sure as hell were going to Target.

And not only was Target not that crowded, but they had many of the Hearth & Hand items in stock and on display. 

I shivered with excitement.

"Is Lightning McQueen here?" LM asked me.

"Not here. But Chip and Joanna are," I told him, running my hands along the curve of a large vase.

"I don't want them, I want Lightning!" Seemed I would be speed shopping this collection today.

Oooh look at that metal "Letters for Santa" mailbox, which I would love for our holiday decor. The pitchers were beautiful, too, but if I brought one more kitchen item into the house I think Mr. KK would kill me. Did I mention the wreaths? Or how about the little decorative houses?

"Let's go see Lightning!" LM demanded, waking me from my daydream of redecorating my entire house.

I quickly picked out a few candles that were the right shade of gray with a yummy scent, looking wistfully over my shoulder as we headed off to the toy section.

Until we meet again, my pretties. Which very well may be online, right after I hit "Publish".


No comments:

Post a Comment