Sunday, November 27, 2016

Day 27: Captain Obvious here: Being sick sucks.

In the midst of my crazy fall, some things fell by the wayside.

And, like most Moms, I fell to the bottom of my own list of things to do. So while I made sure Max had his flu shot, I failed to get mine.

And so...I got the flu.

On a 4-day weekend.

That's the kick-off to the holiday season.

With our annual Black Friday tradition.

And a toddler who screams, "WAKE UP!" whenever he sees someone lying down.

I feel like I was hit by an 18-wheeler, and Mr. KK was insistent that I do absolutely nothing and stay away from Max. He even told Max I had a "boo boo on my head" (which kind of makes me sound like a crazy person??) so Max keeps coming over and patting my head and kissing it. (But don't let Mr. KK see or he will put me in a plastic bubble!)

I haven't laid down this much since I was an infant.

Yesterday I felt like poop stuck to someone's shoe. Today, I feel like plain old poop that sitting in the yard; so a marginal improvement. I'm on all sorts of medications, too.

When I stand for more than 30 minutes, I am suddenly exhausted, like I just ran a marathon. Carrying Max. Uphill.

The one person who IS happy I'm sick is Vito. Because being sick means someone to lay on the couch with him all day.

My view for the last 60 hours has looked like this:


So what did I do? Well...

- I binge watched "Gilmore Girls" on Netflix. And HOLY MOLY no one with a healthy mind deserves an ending like that, let alone someone who is not at her wits. Come on, people!

- I (kind of) napped. When Max napped. Except for that day he didn't nap at all.

- I shopped online. I mainly bought myself a necklace and a pair of pants, but it's something.

- I booked a beach house for our vacation next year. Amazing the things you'll purchase when you're on meds.

- I paid the bills.

- I drank my weight in ginger ale.

- Did I mention the binge watching???

I'm good at caring for sick people, but I hate BEING the sick people. Because I have no patience and things need to get done.

But first? A NAP.

(Get your flu shot, people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment