Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day 19: 'Twas the Week of Thanksgiving

I get all giddy when we get to this time of year. And, especially, this week.

It's a busy week, but an awesome one.

1. It truly kicks off the holiday season. I'm not one of those people who skips Thanksgiving and goes right to Christmas, mainly because we host Thanksgiving and I get to cook lots of yummy foods. But the minute - and I mean the minute - Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is ON. See ya, turkeys. (I'm referencing the decor, not the guests)

2. The biggest party night of the year. For us, this means prepping for Thanksgiving, grabbing an early dinner, and collapsing into bed by 9pm.

3. Black Friday. We're not crazy 4am-stand-in-line-shoppers, but we do have a Black Friday tradition: we make our way to West Hartford, do a little shopping at Crate and Barrel (for Mommy) and then have a nice lunch. 

4. Post-Thanksgiving weekend. Shopping, leftovers, and if I have my way: we'll get our TREE.

5. Lists, lists, lists. As the official start of the Christmas season, we make all the lists: Christmas lists, guest lists for parties, to-do lists.

Even though for some reason I'm not ready for Thanksgiving (which somehow snuck up on me this year and caught me completely off guard), I vow to be ready for Christmas...and all the parties, events and shopping that has to be done beforehand!

No comments:

Post a Comment