Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 11: Move over, Mom Shoes.

I was a Sex and the City addict, and one of my favorite episodes was the one where Carrie is walking down the street and she suddenly stops at a store's front window, transfixed at the shoe display. She places her palm against the glass and seductively whispers, "Hello, Lover." to a gorgeous pair of heels.

I love that episode because I have that similar emotional reaction to beautiful shoes.

Well, at least I used to...before I had a baby.

Somehow, over the last year, I have turned into a flats girl. 

It started last year when I was on maternity leave; I was headed out wearing stylish wedge ankle booties, when I stepped the wrong way in a crevasse in the concrete of our driveway, twisting my ankle and going down hard on my knee...while carrying Max in his car seat. 

Yep. I fell carrying Max. 

Because I sacrificed my own bones and flesh to do everything to keep him undisturbed and upright, he was completely nonplussed by the incident. In fact, he didn't even know what happened. I, on the other hard, was ready to throw up and turn myself into DCF. 

What kind of a horrible mother falls while carrying her baby? 

Who but a selfish mom wears heels and put her baby's life at risk???

Pretty much ever since that day, I've traded my stilettos for flats. Comfort over fashion. 

Mom shoes.

If we're going out at night, I will put heels on only when I'm at the door, ready to walk out, and not a minute sooner.

But buried deep inside of me, there's a stiletto-wearing girl crying out to be let loose.

Which is why I couldn't resisting bringing these beauties into my life.





Red heels are tricky, and there's a fine line between streetwalker and sexy.

But these shoes are the most gorgeous color of red. The leather is soft and supple, with tiny textured scales. 

I cannot wait to wear these out to dinner.

Hear that, Mr. KK? 
Mama's got a new pair of shoes and needs a night out on the town.


No comments:

Post a Comment