Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sunday Funday: Ladies' Brunch (Day 22)

When I was younger, I wasn't much of a breakfast fan (the horror!). I'm not sure why, but I would pretty much skip over breakfast and go right to lunch.

In my college  and early post-college years (read: hangover years), I learned to appreciate the miraculous breakfast food known as the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.

And in my late twenties and early thirties, I learned to love the meal known as brunch. I love that brunch happens late morning/early afternoon and it's perfectly acceptable – almost required – to drink. I love the diversity of brunch: if you are in the mood for breakfast, they have it. Feeling more like a lunch meal, they have that too. And, on those occasions you can't make up your mind, they have items perfect for you, such as a burger with a fried egg on top.

NOTE: is there anything better than a burger with a fried egg on top? I'll tell you: No, there's not.

Not only do I love to go to brunch, I love to host brunch. It gives me the opportunity to cook foods that span two different meal times, but all during one event.

Today, I hosted Sunday brunch for a few friends. We haven't been all together in so long, that I wanted to serve something delicious, but that didn't require me to be slaving over the stove the entire time they were there, so that I could spend my time drinking catching up.

They brought the bubbles, and I served up a kale caesar salad, sweet potato hash and eggs, and cornbread. AND, I even made my (famous) pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

the coupe glasses were ready and waiting for the bubbles! 


 The hash was delicious! You can find the recipe here.


From-scratch cornbread. The recipe is here.

The sign of a good brunch.

1 comment:

  1. Everything is looking awesome in this event and very happy that you shared your wonderful experience here. I am also thinking to plan a business event at local seattle convention center. Hope to arrange it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete