Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 13: My Stitch Fix Review




In case you haven't heard of Stitch Fix, it's an online-based personal styling service  that sends you 5 clothing items/accessories in the mail that hopefully you love. Pay for what you keep, send back what you don't like with no charge.

Your selections are made by their stylists based on your profile, which includes questions, likes/dislikes of clothing styles, your sizing and style, etc. Plus, you can send notes to your stylist with the types of items you're looking for, or what you'd like to see more of in your wardrobe.

Stitch Fix is a brilliant idea, really.

I know some women who signed up because they hate shopping, and with Stitch Fix, they never have to step foot in a store.

Others started Stitch Fix because they don't have time to shop; it's so much easier just having clothes shipped to your door without spending any time in a store.


For me, I wanted in on the fun.

I like shopping. In fact, I'm pretty good at it. But I don't have the luxury of time on weekends to shop for myself that I once did. Most of my shopping is done online at a handful of my 'go-to' stores.

What I liked about Stitch Fix was I would have access to clothing from smaller, lesser-known design boutiques, and some stuff is made especially for Stitch Fix. So the chances of you bumping into someone at work or at a party with the same blouse/skirt/dress as you, is pretty rare.

My first Fix was about a month ago. And while I liked almost everything they sent, I returned everything. Some items didn't fit right, and some items fit really well but I didn't love the color. Even though I returned everything, I was still really excited about getting my next Fix.

That Fix came this past week.

I REALLY liked this Fix. I could tell that my stylist listened to what I wanted (jeans!), and used my Stitch Fix Pinterest board as inspiration.




Item: Tarlee Faux Fur Vest. 

It is the softest thing ever, in a versatile cream color with leather trim. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

Verdict: KEEPING IT. (In fact, I've already worn it!)


Item: Rilo Button-Up Blouse.

This blouse was black with a gold print. It fit really well, which never happens with me and my short body. However, I have a few black blouses in my closet.

Verdict: RETURNING.


Item: Devora Dress

What I love about this dress is that I wouldn't have picked it out for myself, as the lace sleeves would have turned me off (and the cobalt blue is not a color I usually buy for myself). It fits pretty well, but I'm having the bare legs/covered legs internal debate.

Verdict: STILL DECIDING. I want to try this on one more time, just to be sure.


Item: Lurline Scoop Neck Blouse

This blouse is a petite size (yay!) and fit pretty well overall. The only issue was that the scoop neck + the pleats = over zealous 'girls'.

Verdict: RETURNING.


Item: Loren Bootcut Jean

Jeans and pants are always in my note to my stylist because as a pear-shaped petite girl, it's damn near impossible to find jeans that fit. I've exhausted all the stores I normally shop at so I'm hoping that there's a pair by a designer I've never heard of out there for me. I loved everything about these jeans: cut and color. They were just a TAD too tight. 

Verdict: RETURNING. (However, I did ask my stylist to send these to me in my next Fix in the next size up!)

Overall, I'm keeping the vest and probably the dress. So in my eyes, this Fix was a success.

You simple place items you'd like to return in the pre-paid envelope they pack in your box. You only pay for what you keep, and you're never charged a penny to get your Fix. You can even choose how often you get your Fix sent to you: monthly, bi-monthly, etc. AND, you get to choose the price range you're comfortable with for items, so your stylist is always picking items within your budget.

Plus, it's FUN! Who doesn't love getting a box of clothes in the mail - especially one where every piece is a surprise!

I'm already looking forward to next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment