Sunday, November 20, 2016

Day 20: Christmas: It's on.

While Summer is my most favorite season, Fall is a close second. The crisp air, the foliage, no humidity and rain for endless good hair days.

I love wearing vests and light scarves, bringing out the boots and ponchos.

However, once the weather starts dipping down into the 20s and 30s at night, and the leaves are gone off the trees, and I can see my breath, I move on.

I become obsessed with Christmas.



Fall, you're dead to me.

I have holiday music on the radio 24/7.
Christmas deliveries start. (Dear Postman, please accept my sincere apologies for the deluge of boxes you will have to carry and drive down our long driveway.)
Bags of wrapping paper and bows start to fill up the spare room.
I make my Christmas cookie list.
I scope out the best hiding spots for presents.
I decide on the color scheme for our tree.
I spend hours in Homegoods ogling their holiday decorations.

I do, however, wait until after Thanksgiving to bring out the decorations and the tree. I respect the turkey, then it's all about the guy in the red suit.

I'm ready for you, Christmas. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment