Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Day 29: Please excuse my barefoot child.

My child hates shoes.

You read that right.

If my child could be barefoot his whole life, he would be happy.

He hates putting things on his feet.

Problem is...I LOVE shoes.

Like, LOOOOVE them.

When I worked in retail advertising, I would clean house during the sample shoe sales because I was the magical size 6. I would scoop up about 20 pairs of shoes for about $5 each.

It was like my Christmas.

And I couldn't wait to share my shoe love with my child.

So when Max was born, I had visions of having a son with a mad shoe game. Tiny work boots. Hipster sneakers. Little sandals with the ankle strap. Rubber wellies.

Instead, I have a child who hates shoes.

I know.

And it's not for a lack of trying. I buy this child so many pairs of shoes just hoping he will fall in love with them. (That, plus his feet are growing so fast he keeps needing bigger shoes!)

Currently, here are the shoes that were purchased in hopes that Max would wear them.*

 *This photo does not include 2 pairs of rain boots and 3 pairs of shoes already returned to Target.


And out of all those shoes, these are the only shoes that he will wear:


At least my hipster sneaker dream came true!

Every time I try and sneak on a pair of shoes that aren't his velcro Converse, he screams in protest, yelling, "Take dem aff!"

So even though it's freezing outside and these shoes are made of breathable canvas, this is what we wear every day. At least I bought them in a second color so we have a "play" pair and a "dress" pair.

So me – the self-proclaimed "little shoe princess" – has a child who hates shoes. How is this possible?

I'm not quite sure what's going to happen when it snows.

Does Converse make a velcro, waterproof boot that looks exactly like this by any chance???

No comments:

Post a Comment