Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 21: Operation Woombie

For those of you playing along at home, this is the 21st day in a row that I've posted. That's every single day this November without missing ONE DAY.

Just sayin'.

So.

The last few nights over at 1821 we've been working on our sleeping. And let me tell you, Max has been a star pupil. For the last week or so, he's been only waking up once during the night to eat. This is fabulous for Mommy's sleep schedule.

To help foster even better sleep, we decided to swaddle Mr. Max. I had written a few weeks ago about Max breaking free from every swaddle out there. Based on your suggestions, I purchased the Woombie (thanks, Kelly!).

I was a little skeptical; Max wrangles that one arm out of everything. But we were willing to try.

Let me set the scene:

Two nights ago.
Bedtime.
Max v. Woombie

the Woombie…waiting for Max


Some family members have threatened to call child services, but I SWEAR 
it's supposed to be this tight. It was created by a nurse, for god's sake.


Look how peaceful he is at 7am, after only ONE wake up during the night.


We are trying to instill on Max the age-old wisdom:

Rested Mommy = Happy Baby.

And…the operation was a success!

We've had two fantastic nights' sleep in a row.

(Did you hear that sound? It's the sound of me jinxing my good luck with Max sleeping)

Max also had his first nap in his big boy crib.

He'll still sleep next to us at night, but he got to enjoy his room during nap time.



This is one Mommy who needs her sleep.

And with the way Max is gaining weight, it might be time to get the Woombie in the next size up!

No comments:

Post a Comment